In this post, we look at 4 Kyber alternatives, broken down into two categories.
- A free Kyber alternative for running daily standups, retrospectives, and polls.
- Kyber alternatives that help with project management.
Free Kyber Alternative for Daily Standups, Retrospectives, and Polls
Geekbot is an asynchronous meeting tool that works with both Slack and Microsoft Teams (unlike Kyber, which only works with Slack). It’s free for teams of 10 or fewer users (and for larger teams, pricing starts as low as $2.50 per user per month).
With Geekbot, you can:
- Hold fast and non-disruptive meetings. Most of our customers use Geekbot for their daily standups, but you can also run retrospectives, send out surveys/polls, and so on.
- Schedule one-off meetings or recurring meetings. You can customize the meeting occurrence to fit your needs. This includes holding a one-off meeting or scheduling a meeting to happen every day, every other day, weekly, bi-weekly, etc.
- Factor in everyone’s local timezone. Geekbot can automatically factor in everyone’s local timezone, making it perfect for geographically dispersed remote teams.
Here’s a quick rundown of what it looks like to run a daily standup in Geekbot.
FYI: We don’t cover all the ways you can customize a meeting in Geekbot, which you can learn more about .
First, your daily standup questions go out to your team as a direct message.
Each team member responds to the questions when it’s convenient for them, and their answers are shared in a public or private Slack channel of your choosing.
Here, your team can quickly skim through each other’s responses. For example, if they see a response that needs their attention, they can create a thread or reach out to that person individually.
With this format, your meetings are quick to fill out and non-disruptive to your team. They’re also hyper-focused on what’s relevant, cutting out the possibility of side conversations or long tangents.
What Customers Like about Geekbot
Geekbot’s Local Time Zone Feature
Marie V. wrote, “Our company works with people from Europe, the US, South America, and New Zealand… without [Geekbot] our standups would be a mess.”
Geekbot’s Easy-to-Use Interface
Alex B. wrote, “[Geekbot’s] interface is incredibly easy to use and the onboarding/setup was super clean. . .[Compared to the competition] Geekbot has a far better UI/UX and reporting process.”
One reviewer commented on “how customizable [Geekbot is] and how personalized it feels.”
Here are a few more articles where you can learn about other Geekbot features:
- How to run asynchronous remote retrospectives with Geekbot
- An in-depth look at running a survey in Slack with Geekbot
- How we use Geekbot internally to manage our distributed team in Slack
Kyber Alternatives for Project Management
You might want a Kyber alternative to help you with project management instead of running meetings.