Creating new reports
Having multiple reports helps you organize your team’s departments or different projects more efficiently, so don’t hesitate to create more than one.
To create a new report, press the 'New report' button in the dashboard’s menu and select a report preset that best fits your current needs.
- Name your report using something short and relevant to the subject of the meeting
- Set the timezone, the time of the meeting and the days you want your report to take place
- Choose to either use the prefilled set of questions or add your own customized or advanced questions
- Choose a broadcast channel within Slack for Geekbot to post your team’s updates
- Invite team members either manually, adding them one by one, or automatically using the sync option
Helpful tip! If you’re a distributed team, use the User's local timezone option but make sure the timezone you’ve set in Slack is correct! Learn how to check your timezone in Slack here.
Viewing and filtering reports timeline
Get the most out of your dashboard by monitoring your team’s reports in the timeline. Next to the timeline on the right, you will find the timeline filters. You can filter and view specific team members and combine specific questions.
For example, in order to view Kate and Susan’s blocking issues at a glance, choose them in the members section and chose What obstacles are impeding your progress? in the questions section. Mix and match according to your preferences.
Piece of cake ;)
Exporting data & API
You can export your team’s reports data in many ways. The easiest option is to download them in CSV and add them to a spreadsheet. You will find this option under your filters on the right of your timeline in the dashboard.
If you would like to get real time feed from your reports you can set up webhooks. Find detailed information about webhooks here.
Another option is to use our API and customise Geekbot any way you see fit.
Set the time and day for each of the reports you would like a summary for. The emails will contain a summary of reports made since the last email you received. Email summaries are set individually with each user’s preferences.
You can find your email summaries settings under My Preferences in the dashboard.